Thursday, July 22, 2010

Goats Cheese Tart - French Food


Last weekend my friends and I had plans to celebrate (belatedly) Bastille Day with a feast. I was in charge of the champagne, entree and desert, and my friend was in charge of the vin rouge, main meal and after dinner cheese. So I searched of a typically french Bastille recipe. So I decided on these items:
My friend choose to provide
  • A South Australian Silver Label Shiraz (cant remember the Wine Maker, but it was very complimentary)
  • Coq au vin avec legumes - a very rich and deeply flavoursome full meal
  • Blue Costello and Jindi Brie with crackers.
Traditionally in France, Bastille Day is a summer celebration, and often a day time activity. So celebrating in Australia means we need to find food that suits a winter evening meal. I think between us, we were able to achieve a great feast - only outdone by the great company and superb conversation.

6 comments:

Frances said...

That sounds just wonderful, and is making me really hungry. Nothing quite like a decadent meal with good friends.

Amy DeTrempe said...

Sounds delicious!

Jeanie said...

First of all, big gasp! This looks fabulous!

Second, I've been participating (and sent a comment on that to both of you) but still haven't shown up on the blog roll! Just wanted to let you know!

Mrs. Fry said...

It is one thing that French I am not fond of, and I know (gasp) it is the food.

I do like the bread, but some of the dishes. EH!

I guess you can't love everything.

Chat Noir said...

Food, glorious food..........

When I was at school, our french mistress celebrated Bastille Day by sharing chocolates called (and sort of shaped like) cat's tongues with us. One day I'll remember to "google" them and see what it was all about.

Funny what sticks in your mind...

ds said...

Sounds exquisitely yummy! Even in the heat ;)