Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Fill-ins #191

Girls at the school in Tamil Nadu where I volunteer as an English teacher.
In 2009 my friends and I raised the funds to buy 100 girls these new dresses.
In 2010 we really need to help these girls stay at school longer.

1. You do your thing; I do mine and sometimes we'll be much more effective at changing the world together.
2. The children of Pakistan are what's been on my mind on and off all day.
3. Remember when you did something really special for someone special? What about doing donating to a charity in Pakistan right now?
4. Teapots, my garden and my girls at school in India are three of my favorite obsessions :-)
5. During the last year I've helped the school in India to set up their sponsorship program.
6. Seeing the emails from my girls in India always puts a smile on my face.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out at home, tomorrow my plans include my hair appointment and being treated like a princess by my hairdresser, and Sunday, I want to go for a bike ride with my man.

for more friday fill-ins.

4 comments:

Liz said...

The girls look beautiful in thier dresses! You are making in difference in thier lives. what a heart warming Friday Fill-in! Enjoy your hair appointment!

Nancy Janiola said...

This is so inspiring... you must have been a very kind teacher. Keep on touching lives.

God bless!

ds said...

What a wonderful gift those dresses are! You are clearly an inspiring teacher. I hope you can get them to remain in school longer.

Orchard Packaging USA said...

Orchard packaging is offering different designs and styles for Hair Extension Boxes. We integrate high-quality packaging of the products to make them appear good-looking in the market. Our skilled team of experts provides their many different ideas and experience. Moreover, we have the latest expertise for premium finishing details. Thus, to get the high standard quality personalized packaging of the product, plz contact us. We ensure high-standard packaging with the offers of free shipping. Hence, to differentiate your product in the market we are available. We ensure ideal good features that appeal to the customers. Further, we provide these high-quality services at your doorstep. We offer the best Custom Hair Spray Boxes with premium packaging.